Monday, September 12, 2011

A Fashion's Night Out and a Cake!

My sister put in a request for a cake which she needed for a co-worker's birthday.  My poor sister, who has no sense of time and planning, put in the request Wednesday night for Sunday. As some of my readers might know, I like to plan my cakes and do cake accents in advance.  I have a lot of free time, right?
So what's the big deal?

The deal was that this week was a special week.  This week was FASHION'S NIGHT OUT NYC!!!  If you haven't heard, FASHION'S NIGHT OUT is a night where stores in the high fashion areas of NYC throw events to celebrate fashion and style.  Ideally, the night should increase sales but most people just go out to dress up and  party.  I was looking forward to it all week long.  So my dilemma was how do I put on an apron when what I really wanted to do is to put on PUMPS!

I CHOSE THE PUMPS!!!

FASHION'S NIGHT OUT NYC in the Meat Packing District!


One of my best friends sipping on a cocktail from one of the many events we went to that night.


One of the best event of the night was at Matthew Williamson.



I figured that I would just take one day to recover from FASHION'S NIGHT OUT and work on the cake on the following Saturday.  My saving grace is that I'm a pretty good planner so I was able to make the cake without any stress. :o)

Blue Polka Dot Cake

$50/12 servings


Vanilla Butter Cake with Vanilla Buttercream covered in Vanilla fondant.
50/50 Fondant bow.





I had never tried this bow before. I was very pleased with the results!!  Here is picture similar to the techniques I used...
Courtesy of http://www.makeit-loveit.com/

It really was a great week! Fashion, style and cakes...I love it.

By the way, who says you can't wear an apron and pumps in the kitchen...


No comments:

Post a Comment